ushop Theme Documentation
This page content shows how to create a nice website with the Ushop theme. Ushop is a responsive ecommerce wordpress( content management system ) theme and specially for ecommerce. To use this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. If you need help installing WordPress, follow the instructions in WordPress.org
Before you get started, please be sure to always search our documentation and tutorials. On the left side you can find all the details about how you can create your website with Ushop theme. Follow the instructions step by step and create your complete own site.
Installing your theme is pretty easy! Download the theme from: https://www.themetim.com/wordpress-themes/ushop/
After downloading the Ushop theme you should have a ushop.zip file. Now you have to follow the following three steps to complete full installation.
Upload the theme:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to ( Appearance > Themes )
- Click on the Add New button
- Click on the Upload Theme button
- Select the ushop.zip file
- Click on the Install Now button
It will take a moment to upload your theme and install.
Now your theme is installed and ready to use but not activated yet. To activate the theme instantly, click on the Activate link that appears after installation finishes. Or if you want to activate the theme later, follow the instructions below.
Activate the theme:
- Go to ( Appearance > Themes ) in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Hover over the Ushop theme thumbnail and press the Activate button.
Install recommended plugins:
- Go to ( Appearance > Install Plugins ) in the WordPress Dashboard.
- The plugin installation page opens, Click on the Install links for each plugin.
- Click on the Activate links for each plugin.
Setting up your site header area is very simple. This is the top common part of every page. Header includes General Settings, Header Content ( Logo, Favicon ), Menu Design ( Fonts, Color & more ), Hero Area ( Text, image & more ), Sticky Header etc. Follow the instructions below for these settings by video.
Setting A Static Front Page:
By default your latest posts are shown on the front page. Setting a static front page allows you to add static content on your homepage. Follow the instructions below to setup a static front page for homepage:
- Go to ( Pages > Add New ) in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Input your content and click on the Publish button.
- Go to ( Settings > Reading )
- Select the option A static page (select below)
- Click on the Front page: dropdown and select your the new page you just created.
- Scroll down and click on the Save Changes button
Ushop theme includes four Page Templates that you can choose from. Each Page Template caters to user’s specific needs. For example, if you want a page that is full width of the browser window, then you would select the Full Width page template.
The three page templates are:
- Default: This page template has the standard width that a bootstrap container has, no sidebar.
- Full Width: This is the page template that is full width of the browser window, no sidebar.
- Left Sidebar: This page template has the sidebar on left side.
- Right Sidebar: This page template has the sidebar on right side.
Ushop theme comes with the most popular site origin page builder. With this drag and drop interface you can create your page layout easily so you don’t have to write html/css/js codes for your pages. Make sure the site origin page builder plugin is installed and activated which comes with the theme.
When you are creating or editing a page or post you’ll a new option Page Builder in your editor tab. Click on that to switch to the page builder interface. Check site origin page builder documentation to learn how to work with this page builder.
Ushop Page Builder Widgets:
We’ve added some new options in Ushop theme as part of our integration with the Page Builder plugin. To use these additional builder options, click on Add Widget button from the toolbar. On the left side list you’ll ses the categories of widgets. Click on Ushop Widgets from the list and you can see the theme widgets on right side panel. These widgets are described below.
Settings related to the theme are available through the wordpress customizer. Go to ( Appearance > Customize ) in the WordPress Dashboard for all the theme settings. Click on the specific titles to open their settings.
The preview panel on right side shows the changes immediately if you make any change. These settings are described below.
Theme options of General & Header
Theme options of Ushop WooCommerce Settings
Theme options of Typography, Color & Breadcrumb
Theme options of Blog & Footer
Footer is the common bottom area shown on every pages of your site. The footer content is controlled by widgets. There are three footer column widget areas. Follow the instructions below to setup your footer content:
Go to ( Appearance > Widgets ) in the WordPress Dashboard.
You see four widget areas ( Footer 1, Footer 2, Footer 3, Footer 4 )
- Footer 1: Your footer left column widget area.
- Footer 2: Your footer middle column widget area.
- Footer 3: Your footer middle column widget area.
- Footer 4: Your footer right column widget area.